Based in Oslo, Norway
iOS: 20 Oct, Android: 27 Oct
Eggggg - The Platform Puker is a ridiculous two-touch platform runner about vomit. It's an action packed and crazy experience. Gilbert has an extreme allergy to eggs. Eating them will literally make him vomit like a fountain. He escapes from his mean aunt Doris in order to get to a birthday party, and needs to use his vomiting superpower to survive a world of angry cyborg chickens... of course.
The game is inspired by platforming adventures like the Super Mario-series, where the world is full of secrets and nooks and crannies to explore. Eggggg has lots of hand-crafted levels in several different worlds, each with their own mechanics and visuals. We try to respect the players' time and want to have fewer levels that all feel unique and interesting, rather than 100s of levels that feel like more of the same. Each level has several collectables and a super secret item to collect.
The control scheme of the mobile version of Eggggg has been one of the main challenges - as mobile platformers are infamous for bad controls. We really wanted to avoid on-screen buttons and virtual joysticks, and this was the reason we ended up with two-button controls. Although the controls can be a bit confusing at first - it offers really good control once you get through a couple of levels, and we are very happy with it! For PC and consoles the game has the same control scheme, but with actual buttons in stead.
When making a game about vomiting, we found it very important to get a visual style that is cute as candy - to make it all a bit less nauseating. We got in touch with the amazing Spanish illustrators Brosmind (www.brosmind.com) to do the overall Art Direction, and the Academy Award winning animators Mikrofilm to make it all come to life.
The game is made in collaboration with the Norwegian movie producer Maipo Film who were working on the movie "Gilbert's Cruel Revenge". The movie is about a boy with severe egg allergy, and they asked us to do a tie-in game. There are several scenes in the movie where the main character vomits, but the game takes the vomiting to another level. In Eggggg puking is ALL you do.
- 21 crazy levels of vomiting action
- Smooth and unique game controls
- Awesome and unique visual style by the Spanish illustrators Brosmind
- Loads of secret stuff for people to discover
Logo & Icon
- "This is one of the best mobile games we've played in years."
- Sam Loveridge, digitalspy.com
- "The final story level, level 15, is by far one of my favorite video game levels. Period. It’s just so creative and goofy and fun. I won’t spoil anything about it. But it was worth the price of admission alone."
- Andrew Koziara, toucharcade.com
- "I could rave about Eggggg all day. If you consider yourself a fan of 2D platformers or gross-out 90s cartoons, buy it."
- , platformalist.com
- "The most unique platformer mobile's ever seen?"
- , pocketgamer.co.uk
- "It looks lovely, it tries something different, and the bodily fluids you’re glooping out all over the place add a slick change of pace to the usual auto-running platformer."
- , pocketgamer.co.uk
- "Adorably Disgusting Puke-Based Platformer 'Eggggg' Coming this Thursday"
- Jared Nelson, toucharcade.com
- "Eggggg is a game about vomit. No, seriously, it's about vomit. This super gross yet somewhat endearing two-touch platformer is inspired by games such as the Super Mario series, where the worlds are full of secrets to explore and discover."
- Emily Sowden, PocketGamer
- "Eggggg: un juego con mucho vómito de los hermanos Brosmind"
- elbarbon, nfgraphics.com
- "Yes, you read that right. This game is about a boy puking his way through life while collecting eggs and running past deadly chickens."
- Nicole Pacampara, Kill Screen
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Hyper Games
Hyper Games is an independent game studio based in Oslo, Norway. Most known for their most recent release, Eggggg - the platform puker. The studio counts 5 heads, and 7 released titles.
More information on Hyper Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Eggggg - The Platform Puker Credits
Creative Director, Hyper Games
Game Designer, Hyper Games
Artist, Hyper Games
Developer, Hyper Games
Developer, Hyper Games
Illustration and Art Direction
Sound designer, Freelancer
Frode Kvinge Flatland
Movie Producer, Maipo Film